Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What NOT to do

In case any of you lovelies need help with the no-nos.

Don't put half an inch plus cinnamon sugar on a 100 calorie English muffin, even if it means you might actually get hungry before noon, which I did anyway.

While you are waiting for your 270 calorie TV dinner to heat at work, don't scarf down a cupcake (it was only from Monday- not even stale yet), and 2 only marginally good cookies- grocery store made, not even homemade. Hardly worth the calories. Also would add that dinner had almost 700mg of sodium.. which made me so thirsty... yet I abstained from water until almost 3:30pm when I grabbed a Crystal Water at Papa Murphey's.

Then dinner... Papa Murphey's. Managed to hold off to one 'big' piece since I also crushed 5 strawberries, a glass of 2% (egads!) milk. Why was it so easy to only eat one piece? Because I knew there were cookies in the oven! From PM... I totally fed into my kid's negative suggestion "Can we please get the cookie dough tonight, mom?" I ate 3 of those. Plus part of one of daughter's- already dunked in milk. What is wrong with me?!?!

NEVERMIND that I am now 23# up on weight gain with 15 whooping weeks, 3 days left of pregnancy AND according to the scales at dialysis- the most accurate scales in the Valley- I am now .9# away from the weight I was the day I delivered my last kid. N.I.C.E.

3 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Sounds like you may need a intervention! I am going to have to take your car keys away from you so you can't go and buy all theses goodies. Remember I would only be doing this out of love.

On the other hand, since you are prego, this is the only time in your life you can get away with shoving all those sweets in your mouth...you may want to play it out. But you may want to check if you have gestational diabetes!

Andrea said...

I agree...take advantage of this time! After you have him, I have no doubt you will be skinny in no time and we will have to kick you out of our group! As for Jamie and me, we feel pregnant and there is nothing in there but food babies...we have both agreed it may be twins!

Cheri said...

It's all fun and games until someone's gallbladder explodes... I certainly should be more accountable for what I am eating. I may have to nurse until he is 4 to get out of the XL panties... how many teeth do they have at 4?