Monday, May 12, 2008

Reality check for me!!!

SO, I have been feeling a bit on the heavy side for the past month or so. I was ok with it at first because I had a baby this past December but lately it's been making me feel a bit down. I was playing on the computer and I found a link at WebMd, and calculated my BMI and did the whole assesment and this is what it told me:

Your Summary

Current Weight
162 pounds


Goal Weight
140 pounds


Recomended
111.3 to 149.5 pounds


Body Mass Index (BMI)
26.9(Mine)
23.2(Goal)
18.5 to 24.9(Recomended)


Your current weight is higher than the scientifically established norms. It corresponds to a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 26.9. To fall within a healthy range, you should weigh no more than 149.5 pounds. Your goal weight is 140 pounds.Since your current weight is above the norms, you are right to want to lose weight. Once you reach 140 pounds, your new BMI will be 23.2 and you will be within the normal weight range. As a rough guide, you can achieve this goal in 3 to 4 month(s). Slower weight loss, however, is often more lasting. For permanent results, the ideal rate of weight loss 1-2 pounds per week.


I left alot of it out but now I really feel like I need to get off my butt and get it into shape! I bought some Taebo and Pilates videos...Now I need to put them in and start my workouts! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

PunkAssPixie said...

Taebo looks like fun...and in a few short weeks, you'll be able to say things like, "Get out of my face before I Taebo your ass"...if you're so inclined ; )

The Hussy Housewife said...

Taebo meake syou feel tuff, and like you can kick a muggers butt! My now cloect dust...I did however just get my pilates videos back. Thanks Cheri:)