Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fiber, huh?

So thanks girls for the fiber tips. I went out and bought some cereal. Bought the recommended kind and also Fiber one which has 43% of your fiber in a serving! Costco also has Fiber one granola bars that are actually really good, and they have 35% of your daily fiber intake. A bit more sugar than the cereal, but only 10 grams, which isn't bad.I've never really looked for fiber before, mostly just protein and low carbs- although we eat a ton of beans and a lot of produce so I probably have at least half of my daily in take. Perhaps that is why I always have some gas issues. I'll let you know how my trip to fiber-land goes!
By the way, has anyone seen this cereal? It says "This high-fiber trio of flakes, twigs, and granola is absolutely delicious." Twigs. TWIGS!!!! People, you're eating TWIGS!

2 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Yeah, they have it a whole foods and was on the show Rob $ Big. It was funny, they were trying to get on teh cover of the box! This cereal has lots of funny pictures on them.

Oh and you should try to aim for at LEAST 2 BM's a day. That is the average. It alos doesn't hurt ot do a natural cleanse every 3 months. Hope it all works out for ya! You should try the wheat grass shots too.

Ange~ said...

Actually, I think I have a minimum of 3 poops a day. Sometimes 5. Yikes! :)