Indeed, Fiber is the way to happiness.
However- proceed with caution. The recommended daily amount is 25-35 grams per day. The average American only gets 10-15 g per day. If you decide (which I highly suggest for all the reasons Pixie added) to go for the big 2-5-- just be careful. Increase your intake over several days. The best way I have found to do this is to get some pure Fiber One cereal - yes, this is the one that tastes and looks like pine needles and has 14 g of fiber per serving. Add a few tablespoons the first day to whatever else you are eating (yogurt, cereal...) and work your way up to a Big Girl Fiberlicious Cereal. Also increase your water intake... the logs can't float down the river if the river bed is dry! If you go gung-ho beware.... do it alone... you will known as Tootie Tootswell from here on out if you over do it! Or Farty Fartsalot. Whichever.
From experience, I have found that if you do not engage in a high-fiber breakfast, it is pretty hard to meet the goal of 25-35 unless you are a gardener that has unlimited access to fresh fruits and veggies.
Once you get there... ahh... the bliss... pooping twice a day RULES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
all this poop talk is grrreat...so funny.
Yes good to take baby steps so you don't have a blow out! Pooping twice a day does rock!
I must confess, I am also obsesses with poo. I am also in charge of 3 people's BM and one dogs. I see my fare share on daily basis!
A blow out... Andrea told me that is a 'shart'... I much prefer the word 'poot'. Part toot with a poo topper. I am hoping that is definitely limited to pregnancy related constipation for this girl... so humiliating should it ever happen while I am out and about.
Post a Comment