Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weekend Blow Out

I was doing so good until last weekend. I blame a variety of reasons for my slip-ups...premenstrual munchies, emotional eating, a birthday celebration, and a best friend who, at times, is a bad influence.

Friday evening: Sarah's Mexican themed happy hour birthday celebration. I had countless margaritas (of course I ordered the "skinny girl" recipe: patron silver, fresh lime juice, splash triple sec). I ate bad-delicious things that contained lethal amounts of cheese (you know what cheese does...in large doses) and consumed more guacamole than humanly possible. To add insult to injury, my BFF and I ended up in the Del Taco drive thru at 2 AM for some Macho Nachos and gianormous Mr. Pibbs (sinfully delicious combo).....yes, I had nachos from a drive thru after having them at a restaurant (there's really no comparison...del taco nachos are the best!)














Saturday: To nurse a surprisingly mild hangover, we thought it best to consume food that was either fried and/or greasy. We headed over to our favorite breakfast spot (only when I'm in town do we do this) and ordered the super rich crab cake benedict, along with the double stuffed french toast. Keep in mind that we share these items, but they're still bad news.



After licking our plates and imbibing that last of four refills of coffee, we walked back to Bff's house to convalesce. I'd only been in town for 24 hours and was already feeling the effects (bad air, boozing, binge eating, smoking *i only smoke when around Bff*, and little sleep.) Luckily, I brought my collapsible hula hoop with me...at the request of Bff, who I will now refer to as Bobbi. So, we get home, I pull it out, piece it together, and begin to demonstrate.


*yes, hula hooping with cigarette in mouth...classy*

Anyway, the weekend concluded with re-enactments of Friday night and Saturday morning. I'm supposed to be bathing suit ready by the 22nd of this month....going to Vegas and will be sitting around a pool for the majority of my stay. I have to kick it into over drive if I am too pull this off.

The point of this story: I gained 4 pounds.












5 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Father Jamie forgives you for your sins,and apprciates your honesty and confession.

Smoking and hula-ing is similar to running a marathon while inhaling a Big Mac..ha, ha!

I must say I am impressed with the fact that your hula is collapsible! Next time we want the fringe boot outfit though.

The Hussy Housewife said...

PS- Tell you "friend" that us MTKillers don't mess around and we have guns if they don't straighten up their "bad influence act" up!

Suzanne said...

ummmm i want a video of you and the hula, then james and i will get together and watch it while laughing our asses off!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hussy Housewife said...

Sounds good Suzanne..get on it urb!