Friday, November 14, 2008

Greetings from "Lumpy Butt"

Sup yo??? I am Jamie's cousin and I am assuming that she is "hinting" that I should introduce myself. You can call me "Lumpy Butt" or LB for short.

Basically, I am one of those skinny fat chics that people love to hate on.....(you know.....looks o.k. with clothes on but once naked.....Whooah nelly!)
...or used to be....that is until I found the perfect cure for my high BMI.

I have to admit that for the first time in my life I am at a satisfactory and healthy weight and I have been able to maintain my current size for a year now.
About this time last year I lost 21 pounds doing Bikram Yoga. HOLLA!!

I'm going to try to share my story without sounding like an infomercial but I get so excited talking about it that people think I'm getting paid. Yes, I am a Yoga Evangelist!

Anyhow, let me back track about 6 years where I was yet again unhappy with my body. Mostly my butt...you see...it's always been BIG. No matter what I did. Genetics!
So I got a personal trainer and for 6 months I trained like an Olympian. .....o.k....a pseudo Olympian.
I worked out every day...no kidding! I got real skinny and real muscularly but guess what? My butt stayed exactly the same size ....
So you know what happened......Yeah! My butt actually looked even bigger!
Besides it is completely unrealistic to work out for two hours everyday so I gave up.
I was not happy with how manly I was looking ...I mean have you seen Madonna lately???



I don't want to look like that! Gross! I am a woman, I want to keep my curves....I just don't want my curves spilling out of my clothes.
So forward a few years until a friend introduced me to Bikram. Bikram studios always have a newbie special going on and at the time I reluctantly signed up for 20 days for $20. I gave it a try and hated it the first time....they stick you in a room that is 105 degrees and kick your ass for 90 minutes.....TORTURE!

But after class I felt great! And being the thrifty gal that I am I had to go back and get my money's worth. After six classes I had lost 6 pounds and my body was becoming flexible and long and lean! I got hooked! I continued doing yoga about twice a week and continued to slim down. For some reason yoga has a way of bringing your body to where it is supposed to be. Plus there are a million other benefits...like mental well being, flexibility and balanced hormones.

I am now living in Korea where there are no Bikram studios around and I desperately miss it! But I still do yoga on my own at home and have been able to maintain my weight.

So long story short...I think yoga is a miracle and I recommend it for all!

So even though I am HOT and SASSY now...don't hate on me...I am a great encourager and I am here to encourage you all to be the best healthy version of yourself that you can be!

LB out!
P.S. I missed the best part....Yoga made my ass small and tight and hubby loves it!...but it will always be a bit lumpy!

4 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

I soooo wish we had Bikram Yoga here. I think it sounds great for all things physical, mental, and spiritual. I wonder id I could do it with my ankle on my burn leg though?? I can't fully extend it.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Jamers,
I can't tell you how many people in my yoga class had all sorts of injuries and other issues. It's a proven fact that yoga breaks up scar tissue...soooo I am sure you would find it beneficial too!

Someday I'll tell you about the 85 year old granny in our class who looks maybe 50. She ROCKS!

The Hussy Housewife said...

Dang!!! I may have to try that then....

The Hussy Housewife said...

Dang!!! I may have to try that then....