Hi all!
I'm Amanda a.k.a. Nanny Deprived. My blog is http://www.nannydeprived.blogspot.com and I also own http://www.nannydeprived.com. I live in GA but I've lived all over the US.
Phew now that that's done.... I just had my third "hot body killer" in October. I was so fit and firm before I got pregnant again. I was rocking hard abs and loving life. I was able to go to the gym 3-5 times a week not even to loose weight but just for the fun of it. I vowed I wouldn't gain as much weight as I did with my first two pregnancy's but of course, I did.
I now have a 5 year old, a 3 year old and an extremely angry 4 month old. If I don't have any sick, angry, or napping kids, I can get to the gym. That equates to about once every month. It sucks. I've lost 17lbs since Jan. 1st just with Weight Watchers online but I crave my gym workouts with friends and the good feeling I get after a great workout. I need to loose another 15 lbs to be back to pre-pregnancy weight.
I can't wait to read more of this blog and get to know ya all!
Fit Dad - I need some awesome ab exercises I can do at home.
~Amanda
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hi Amanda, welcome and good luck. :)
Welcome!! I really can relate to your story. I work out 3 days a week, but if one of my kids is sick..I am out for a week! I also promised to not gain so much weight my last pregnancy..did spinning classes and Body pump classes up until 8 months prego!! But still managed to gain to much! ugghh.
Keep up the fight!
Amanda- if you have a spare $300, I would highly recommend getting a Wii and the My Fitness Trainer game (not the wii fit, it's different). I too have kids and have no time to go to the gym, but the fitness trainer has been changing my body very quickly. It's nice because if you don't have a lot of time, you can do 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there. I know all about angry babies, my now 18 month old was angry her whole life up until about a month ago! Stick with it!
Nice to meet you Amanda!
Hi Amanda...and everybody else!
I've been horrible about posting and I apologize for that. I'll do better I promise.
Anyway, the best abs exercises you can do at home are all the plank variations. There are so many of them that you should never get bored.
Here's a quick rundown of just a few:
Plank
Side Plank
1-Leg Plank
Decline Plank (legs elevated)
Push-up Plank
1- Leg PUsh-up Plank
Side Plank with 1 Leg Elevated
Medicine Ball Plank
I don't want to just keep spewing out the planks, so here are a couple videos I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiA9j-dR0oM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QKSA9FUZg0
You could also buy one of those ab wheels...those are pretty killer.
Jack Knifes and Mountain Climbers are also good.
Jack Knifes are where you put your feet on a stability ball and hands on the floor, then pull the ball toward your chest by bending your knees. Extend and repeat
Mountain Climbers - Get on the floor in a push-up position and alternate bringing one knee up toward your chest. You'll look like you're running along the floor...but without moving.
That should be enough to get you started.
One more thing. Just because you can't make it to the gym doesn't mean you can't get in killer workouts.
I love designing workouts to be done from home and many using your own bodyweight and most take 10 minutes.
Truth be told my wife didn't come to my studio for a good 4 or 5 months after she had our munchkin. All her workouts were from home and she lost her baby fat in no time.
If you need help designing a program to do at home, just let me know.
Actually I should just start posting some workouts on this blog for all the ladies to do from home.
Post a Comment