Monday, February 23, 2009

Personal Trainer

Hi, it's Ange. Just wanted to pop in and tell about something I have found to be quite awesome. We have a Wii, and I wasn't sure if I wanted the Wii fit or the My personal fitness trainer game. I assumed since the fit was more expensive, it must be better, but after reading reviews I decided to stick with the personal trainer, since it sounded a lot more helpful.
I have to say, it's pretty sweet. First, you set up a custom profile. "Maya" takes you through a series of exercises and measurements to evaluate you and help you figure out what you need to work on. After your evaluation, you can set a fitness goal. Mine, weight loss. You then set a commitment calendar, that tells how long each day you'll work out. Then, at the end of each work out, she tells you when you're supposed to be back. I feel guilty letting my personal trainer down, even though she's a computer, so I show up.
Each day, at the beginning of the work out, you choose from a bunch of music styles, and you also choose what you want to focus on that day from a list (upper body, cardio, stretching, core, etc). She gives you a recommendation, but you don't have to follow it. You decide the duration of your workout and she starts. Even if you choose the same focus, she mixes it up and it's never the same workout twice.
After a while (I think a week or so) she re-evaluates you and helps you move closer to your goal.
I am loving this! If any of you have a Wii, I would highly suggest it.

3 comments:

Ange~ said...

.

The Hussy Housewife said...

It will be interesting to see how you do tracking this for months.

Ange~ said...

? What do you mean?
I should clarify that I was working out regularly every day prior to getting this, running my eliptical, doing weight training and pilates/core stuff. But this has bumped my workout to a higher level. I always tell her that I want her to work me hard, and evidently she has!