I am trying to make a some what of a clean break from the kiddie cocaine AKA sugar. The evil drug to many MTKillers out there. I have had quite the MTK relapse over the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday season. (stand up and raise right hand)
I, Jamie the Hussy Housewife, have a sugar addiction.
But like any good addict, it is not my fault. No I am not going to blame my parents for my troubled ways. Nope. This time the blame falls on Old Aunt Flow who comes and visits me once a month. She makes me sooo hungry and crave sugar. I am thinking about getting rid of here, asking her not to come visit anymore. She really is not fun at all. Like of a lame duck...buzz kill anyway.
So back to the holidays...I hope all your muffin tops survived. Mine however...had a relapse. A 3 month long lasp of judgment. I was just hanging out with the wrong crowd. Sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter boys. The holidays are hard. Every year I love to bake and usually get hooked on one thing in particular. This drug of choice seems to change from year to year.
One year I was on a molasses cookie 2 month binder. Making them none stop to satisfy my addiction. Practically freebasing molasses syrup like it was black tar heroin. Then there was the "making homemade cinnamon rolls" binder year. Those yummy gooey delights of crack. This last year it was the caramel popcorn making sugar drug party. I made sooo much this year for gift baskets. I am proud to say I am caramel popcorn free for 31 days. Where is my pin?
So needless to say I have to get serious again. I need to change my "Pounds Lost To Date" on the side. It was a long..bad..binder. Of Thanksgiving..Christmas..New Years Eve Party's...then Snowboarding vacation for 9 days of great food and company. Lets just say I think I may have done some damage. With out the track marks. I did however workout through all this at the gym.....
SO I have enrolled my self into my own Hussy ran sugar rehab. That stuff is soooo bad for you. It really does act like a drug in your body. The cravings,,,the withdrawals. So maybe some of you should join me in saying,
"THE CANDY SHACK IS WHACK LIKE CRACK"
Before I start my banana and protein shake fast/diet....tell me how are all you doing? Did you make it past the holidays without any damage???


4 comments:
My problem is not just through holidays, it's all the time. I don't eat. And when I DO eat, it's not the best of foods. Yesterday I ate five chicken mcnuggets and a handful of fries. I am on the go so much that I often forget to eat. And so, as I've been told and will probably hear from Mr. Fit Dad (I feel a lecture coming on, lol) when I DO eat, my body stores that b/c it's afraid it won't get anything else to eat for a long time. If I had time to plan stuff out for the day, I think I would do good at eating.
But, I started back to the gym on 1/5/09 and I am down 10 pounds. So my secret is an unhealthy one I guess. NOT eating and working out.
My confession......I hade FOUR S'mores Sunday night. :-(
That is hard..to be on the go..and need to always pre-plan your meals.
I am in a hurry in the mornings..so I take a protein/meal replacement shake. Maybe you could alwasy have a protein bar on hand or a shake??
See....this is why I need this group! lol I didn't even think about that! I could get some bars and leave them in my desk @ work and eat one @ work! Thanks for the idea!
I have a freak out session if my blood sugar gets to low (I'm hypoglycemic), so I always have to plan ahead- I fill my purse with low sugar protein bars (some of those protein bars are like candy bars with a multi-vitamin thrown in), almonds, homemade fruit leather(no sugar, just fruit), dried fruit, and things like that. Also a low-fat turkey jerky is good to.
Anyways, back to why I came to comment. I'm so pissed at the holidays! I was so disciplined, and I did pretty awesome. I made myself work out twice as much as I normally do, and I didn't touch any unhealthy food until Thanksgiving day and Christmas day. I gave the leftovers away, so there was no hangover. I still managed to gain some weight! WHAT?! Being such a good girl I should've at LEAST been able to maintain.
Oh well, I busted it off in a couple weeks and now I'm back down to pre-holiday fitness.
But you know what I realized?! There is a holiday pretty much every month. And I always tell myself 'it's a holiday, you can eat what you want for this one day a year!' Problem is- New Years Eve/Day, Valentines Day, Easter, my birthday, Memorial bbq, 4th of July, our wedding anniversary, my husband and kid's birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas again. So yeah, they happen about once a month. That definitely was a wake-up call for me! I will be making healthy choices even on the holidays now.
Oh, and sugar isn't what gets me...I can stay away from sugar and fatty junk foods, no problem. Chocolate is my crack. Without chocolate, I would be a size 0.
Post a Comment