Ok, I need some help. My willpower is completely gone. I eat when I am hungry and I watch my portions. But late at night, reading / working on the computer... I have to eat something. Goldfish crackers, reese's (only 1 cup - the smaller Fun Size), pretzels... You name it, I am stuffing it. AND I am totally a stress eater. Our life has been stress 24/7 with custody battles and family chaos... so in goes the comfort food!
I haven't been back to the gym in 7 months. Mostly because of my foot injury. I am afraid I will make it worse. Besides, I hate being sweaty.
I have been this weight for so long now, that I am almost to the point of accepting it; the only reason I am wanting to see change is because the scale tells me I have been adding pounds. MTKillers: I am 45 pounds heavier than the day I gave birth to my daughter 12 1/2 years ago!
I don't know what you can do to help, but I seem to be stuck. I welcome your suggestions, as long as you don't tell me to eat tofu or fish. I am your traditional meat and potatoes kind of girl; with a mouth full of sweet tooths (or teeth?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I feel your pain! Right now I'm trying to get myself to do two things (both of which take time but have helped me before and I know I need to return to) 1. finding that real hunger feeling. If I don't stop myself I'll eat constantly all day even when I'm not hungry, so I am trying to wait until I get actually hungry. it's a challenge but worth it 2. I'm slowly trying to reduce my portions at meals. I can't go cold turkey to small portions and salads and stuff cuz I become obsessed with eating more by the end of the day when my willpower is weakest.
I just started back on this track this week so I'm far from getting it right, but be kind to yourself for even the small steps. We won't get where we want to be overnight.
I'm with ya no matter what you find works! :)
Ahh Dawn..I feel for ya! This time of year is is especially hard to not snack on all the goodies out there. YOu know you can come to the gym with me any day of week. I will be your support girl...call you every morning to say "Where are you?"
I know you don't like to sweat, but excercise is the best de-stresser...maybe that is what you need to do to get throught this stressfull time in your life?
I feel you here too. I had to take a seven month break from the gym, I had a pinched nerve and my doctor said "no gym for you!". THEN he put me on a sterroid and said, "by the way, this might cause you to gain a little weight". WHAT? Like I NEEEEED help gaining?? UGH! Anyhow, now I am 25 pounds heavier and back to trying to lose it. Good luck girl!
Post a Comment