Hey all:
Just checking in... I know many people set New Year's Resolutions to lose weight, eat better, and exercise more, and I know many people tend to do well at first and then lose steam. I listened to a sermon by Kevin Beeson a few days ago about setting goals and I was very motivated. (I am not much of a resolution maker.) I have been to the gym twice this week, working out a minimum of 45 minutes (cardio and strength training). My goal is to lose 40 pounds by December 31, 2009. My secondary goal (to complement the first) is to go to the gym and work out at least 3 times a week, with a reward for going 4 times.
After the first time at the gym, I realized it really wasn't that hard to get back into it, but it was harder to get myself there... once I was there, I was great.
So I want to encourage you: make a goal, make it specific and measurable, then start. Keep at it, and you will make it! Don't be afraid and take little steps to start with and build from there.
We will do this together, ok? If I can, you can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Dawn - thanks I'm going to start right away, I need to firm up hubby said I feel like the dough boy (girl) and so after all my weight loss I really need to exersie now more then ever.
Thanks for giving me a nudge to be specific about my goals. I'm sometimes afraid to clearly state what I intend to strive for out of fear that I might fail. However I need something to hold myself accountable to and work toward. Thanks!
I hope things continue to go well for you! :)
Good for you DAWN!! Goal are sooo hard to make, but once you write them down..they see more doable.
Let us know how you are doing!!
I agree, it is so hard to GET to the gym, but once I am there, I feel great about what I am doing and I feel even BETTER that night and the next day, even on TOP of the soreness!
Post a Comment