Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Portions

If you don't eat healthy this post will probably irritate you. Be forewarned.


So this is my icecream bowl. That's really what a serving of icecream should look like. And if you eat it slow and SAVOR it, it'll be enough. Most of the time. Unless you really, really, are PMSing or have a bad day. Then you can have two mini bowls.
I don't believe in dieting, I don't think it is successful in the long run, rather, I think lifestyle changes are necessary to lose and keep off weight. It's a bit slower process this way, but much better for your health.
So I eat pretty healthy, but I let myself have icecream. And when I do, that's my bowl. Icecream is actually one of the desserts that doesn't make me sick from the sugar- I think it's because of the protein and milk that help to off-set the sugar. Also, this is pumpkin icecream (YES IT'S BACK!!!) and guess what? It has less calories and fat calories than the slow churned icecream (and this is full-fat pumpkin). Not bad for a dessert!

3 comments:

Ange~ said...

I'm not sure why comments don't come to me, so I'm going to put one here in case someone comments back.

The Hussy Housewife said...

ok..she if this works ange!
That bowl looks like a diaphragm! No I am with you, I never "diet" or deprive myself when I am trying to loose weigh..doesn't work. I usualy shrink my tummy by way of portion control. Supposed to be the size of your fist. I like portion control mixed with just eating heathlier mixed with excercies workd...If that combo doesn't..you are just screwed!

Dawn said...

So I am screwed? No, I need to exercise a wee bit more. Thanks for the portion control reminder. I use a salad plate for dinner instead of the larger one so I don't over do it. It really does help. If my foot would stop hurting, I would be exercising more.